All notable changes to Device Detector are documented in this changelog.
[2.4.0] - 2021-09-07
- It's now possible to hide the main PerfOps One menu via the
poo_hide_main_menufilter or each submenu via the
poo_hide_settings_menufilters (thanks to Jan Thiel).
- Updated DecaLog SDK from version 1.2.0 to version 2.0.0.
- There may be name collisions for some functions if version of WordPress is lower than 5.6.
- The main PerfOps One menu is not hidden when it doesn't contain any items (thanks to Jan Thiel).
- In some very special conditions, the plugin may be in the default site language rather than the user's language.
- The PerfOps One menu builder is not compatible with Admin Menu Editor plugin (thanks to dvokoun).
[2.3.1] - 2021-08-11
- Upgraded UDD from version 4.2.3 to version 4.3.0: dozens of added and improved detections.
- New redesigned UI for PerfOps One plugins management and menus (thanks to Loïc Antignac, Paul Bonaldi, Axel Ducoron, Laurent Millet, Samy Rabih and Raphaël Riehl for their invaluable help).
- In some conditions, the plugin may be in the default site language rather than the user's language.
- Bot detection may trigger a PHP notice.
[2.3.0] - 2021-06-22
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.8.
- Integration with DecaLog SDK.
- Traces publication.
- Upgraded UDD from version 4.2.0 to version 4.2.3: dozens of added and improved detections.
[2.2.1] - 2021-02-25
- Upgraded UDD from version 4.1.0 to version 4.2.0: dozens of added and improved detections.
[2.2.0] - 2021-02-25
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.7.
- Consistent reset for settings.
- Improved translation loading.
- Many icons for brands, browsers and OSes have been updated or added.
devicecommand have now a definition and all synopsis are up to date.
- Upgraded UDD from version 4.0.1 to version 4.1.0.
- In Site Health section, Opcache status may be wrong (or generates PHP warnings) if OPcache API usage is restricted.
[2.1.1] - 2020-11-28
- WP-CLI and ajax calls are definitely excluded from analytics.
- With some command line tools, Device Detector may trigger a false-warning.
[2.1.0] - 2020-11-23
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.6.
- Support for data feeds - reserved for future use.
- Improvement in the way roles are detected.
- [MultiSite] Improved default site detection.
- Upgraded UDD from version 3.13.0 to version 4.0.1.
- [SEC001] User may be wrongly detected in XML-RPC or Rest API calls.
- [WP-CLI] Generating statistics may produce PHP warnings.
- When site is in english and a user choose another language for herself/himself, menu may be stuck in english.
[2.0.1] - 2020-10-13
- [WP-CLI] Improved documentation.
- The analytics dashboard now displays a warning if analytics features are not activated.
- Prepares PerfOps menus to future 5.6 version of WordPress.
- The remote IP can be wrongly detected when behind some types of reverse-proxies.
- In admin dashboard, the statistics link is visible even if analytics features are not activated.
- [WP-CLI] Typos in documentation.
[2.0.0] - 2020-10-08
- New tool (in PerfOps Tools menu) to analyze a user-agent string with the Device Detector engine.
- [WP-CLI] New command to get a device detail: see
wp help device describefor details.
- [WP-CLI] New command to display Device Detector status: see
wp help device statusfor details.
- [WP-CLI] New command to toggle on/off main settings: see
wp help device settingsfor details.
- [WP-CLI] New command to describe engine capacities: see
wp help device enginefor details.
- [WP-CLI] New command to display devices statistics: see
wp help device analyticsfor details.
- New Site Health "info" section about shared memory.
- [API] New
/wp-json/device-detector/v1/describeendpoint to analyze a user-agent string. Available to all authenticated users.
- The positions of PerfOps menus are pushed lower to avoid collision with other plugins (thanks to Loïc Antignac).
- Improved layout for language indicator.
- Admin notices are now set to "don't display" by default.
- Improved changelog readability.
- Improved IP detection (thanks to Ludovic Riaudel).
- The integrated markdown parser is now Markdown from Carsten Brandt.
- Some bots icons may be not displayed when it should be.
- With Firefox, some links are unclickable in the Control Center (thanks to Emil1).
- Parsedown as integrated markdown parser.
[1.5.0] - 2020-08-17
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.5.
- Updating the plugin now deletes the cache pool.
- Detection sequence has been improved.
- Many icons for brands, browsers ans os have been added.
- Upgraded UDD from version 3.12.6 to version 3.13.0.
[1.4.3] - 2020-06-29
- Full compatibility with PHP 7.4.
- Automatic switching between memory and transient when a cache plugin is installed without a properly configured Redis / Memcached.
- Updated UDD from version 3.12.4 to version 3.12.6.
- When used for the first time, settings checkboxes may remain checked after being unchecked.
[1.4.2] - 2020-05-04
- The lists for classes, device types and client types display now the translated name (it was previously the identifier).
- There's an error while activating the plugin when the server is Microsoft IIS with Windows 10.
- With Microsoft Edge, some layouts may be ugly.
[1.4.1] - 2020-04-13
- Namespaces collisions.
[1.4.0] - 2020-04-12
- Compatibility with DecaLog early loading feature.
- The settings page have now the standard WordPress style.
- Better styling in "PerfOps Settings" page.
- In site health "info" tab, the boolean are now clearly displayed.
- [API] Improves the way bot producers are rendered.
- [API] Improves the way bot categories are rendered.
- Updated UDD from version 3.12.3 to version 3.12.4.
- Some strings are not translatable.
[1.3.0] - 2020-03-09
- [MultiSite] New box in summary displaying all sites to network admins.
- [MultiSite] There's now a way to navigate between sites sub-reports.
- Better styling in "PerfOps Settings" page.
- Unneeded tool links in settings page.
[1.2.0] - 2020-03-01
- Full integration with PerfOps.One suite.
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.4.
- New menus (in the left admin bar) for accessing features: "PerfOps Analytics" and "PerfOps Settings".
- Compatibility with WordPress versions prior to 5.2.
- Old menus entries, due to PerfOps integration.
[1.1.1] - 2020-02-16
- The name of the the menu item is now "Devices Analytics".
- Displayed version is not the good one.
[1.1.0] - 2020-02-04
- The position of the "options" tab (in settings screen) is now consistent with other PO plugins.
- Name collision with some non-maintained plugins.
[1.0.0] - 2020-01-22