All notable changes to IP Locator are documented in this changelog.
[3.6.0] - 2022-10-06
- Compatibility with WordPress 6.1.
- Compatibility with PHP 8.2.
- There's a new warning in admin pages when PHP Intl extension is not installed.
- [WPCLI] The results of
wp locationcommands are now logged in DecaLog.
- Improved primary language detection.
- Improved ephemeral cache in analytics.
- Updated Action Scheduler from 3.4.0 to 3.5.2.
- [WPCLI] The results of
wp locationcommands are now prefixed by the product name.
- Improved resiliency to partially wrong or corrupted ICU data.
- [SEC003] Moment.js library updated to 2.29.4 / Regular Expression Denial of Service (ReDoS).
- With some versions of Intl PHP extension, language detection may be wrong.
- ICU data may be partially wrong.
[3.5.0] - 2022-04-21
- Compatibility with WordPress 6.0.
- Site Health page now presents a much more realistic test about object caching.
- Updated DecaLog SDK from version 2.0.2 to version 3.0.0.
- Updated Action Scheduler from 3.2.1 to 3.4.0.
- [SEC002] Moment.js library updated to 2.29.2 / CVE-2022-24785.
[3.4.1] - 2022-01-17
- The Site Health page may launch deprecated tests.
[3.4.0] - 2022-01-17
- Compatibility with PHP 8.1.
- Updated DecaLog SDK from version 2.0.0 to version 2.0.2.
- Updated PerfOps One library from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2.
- Refactored cache mechanisms to fully support Redis and Memcached.
- Improved bubbles display when width is less than 500px (thanks to Pat Ol).
- The tables headers have now a better contrast (thanks to Paul Bonaldi).
- Object caching method may be wrongly detected in Site Health status (thanks to freshuk).
- The console menu may display an empty screen (thanks to Renaud Pacouil).
- There may be name collisions with internal APCu cache.
- An innocuous Mysql error may be triggered at plugin activation.
[3.3.0] - 2021-12-07
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.9.
- New button in settings to install recommended plugins.
- The available hooks (filters and actions) are now described in
- Improved update process on high-traffic sites to avoid concurrent resources accesses.
- Better publishing frequency for metrics.
- Updated labels and links in plugins page.
- X axis for graphs have been redesigned and are more accurate.
- Updated the
- Country translation with i18n module may be wrong.
[3.2.0] - 2021-09-07
- It's now possible to hide the main PerfOps One menu via the
poo_hide_main_menufilter or each submenu via the
poo_hide_settings_menufilters (thanks to Jan Thiel).
- Updated DecaLog SDK from 1.2.0 to 2.0.0.
- Updated Action Scheduler from 3.1.4 to 3.2.1.
- There may be name collisions for some functions if version of WordPress is lower than 5.6.
- The main PerfOps One menu is not hidden when it doesn't contain any items (thanks to Jan Thiel).
- In some very special conditions, the plugin may be in the default site language rather than the user's language.
- The PerfOps One menu builder is not compatible with Admin Menu Editor plugin (thanks to dvokoun).
[3.1.2] - 2021-08-11
- New redesigned UI for PerfOps One plugins management and menus (thanks to Loïc Antignac, Paul Bonaldi, Axel Ducoron, Laurent Millet, Samy Rabih and Raphaël Riehl for their invaluable help).
- In some conditions, the plugin may be in the default site language rather than the user's language.
- Purging analytics history may produce a PHP notice.
[3.1.1] - 2021-06-22
- wp.org distribute a Release Candidate, not the 3.1.0 version.
[3.1.0] - 2021-06-22
- Traces now include metrics collation span.
- New option, available via settings page and wp-cli, to disable/enable metrics collation.
- Updated DecaLog SDK.
- Updated developer's documentation.
location statuscommand now displays DecaLog SDK version too.
- Analytics and historical data options are not saved, nor applied.
[3.0.0] - 2021-05-25
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.8.
- The settings screen now displays a warning if IP data auto-updates is not supported.
- IP locator now supports Google Cloud-LB country detection.
- Compatibility with future DecaLog SDK.
- [BC] The version of IP Locator API is now
- As the IP Database provider (WebNet77/Software77) has shutdown, there's a new data provider - more accurate and more durable: me!
- Improved internal IP detection: support for cloud load balancers.
- Improved IP data download process.
- Improved data signature verification.
- Erroneous message when it's not possible to download data signature.
[2.2.0] - 2021-02-24
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.7.
- Consistent reset for settings.
- Improved translation loading.
locationcommand have now a definition and all synopsis are up to date.
- In Site Health section, Opcache status may be wrong (or generates PHP warnings) if OPcache API usage is restricted.
[2.1.0] - 2020-11-23
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.6.
- Improvement in the way roles are detected.
- [SEC001] User may be wrongly detected in XML-RPC or Rest API calls.
- When site is in english and a user choose another language for herself/himself, menu may be stuck in english.
- [WP-CLI] Typos in
[2.0.0] - 2020-10-15
- Full analytics dashboard with detailed accesses, countries and languages (see "Locations" in PerfOps Analytics menu).
- New tool (in PerfOps Tools menu) to analyze an IP address.
- [WP-CLI] New command to get a location detail: see
wp help location describefor details.
- [WP-CLI] New command to toggle on/off main settings: see
wp help location settingsfor details.
- [WP-CLI] New command to display IP Locator status: see
wp help location statusfor details.
- [WP-CLI] New command to display locations statistics: see
wp help location analyticsfor details.
- New Site Health "info" section about shared memory.
- [API] New
/wp-json/ip-locator/v1/describeendpoint to analyze an IP. Available to all authenticated users.
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.5.
- [MultiSite] New menu to get Locations right from "my sites" or network admin page.
- Support for data feeds - reserved for future use.
- Improvement in the way roles are detected.
- The positions of PerfOps menus are pushed lower to avoid collision with other plugins (thanks to Loïc Antignac).
- [MultiSite] Improved default site detection.
- Improved layout for language indicator.
- Admin notices are now set to "don't display" by default.
- Improved IP detection (thanks to Ludovic Riaudel).
- Improved changelog readability.
- The integrated markdown parser is now Markdown from Carsten Brandt.
- A warning is now displayed in the settings page when no device detection mechanism is found.
- Prepares PerfOps menus to future 5.6 version of WordPress.
- The remote IP can be wrongly detected when behind some types of reverse-proxies.
- When trying to detect local network IPs, an (innocuous) error
Cannot load resource element und_xx: U_MISSING_RESOURCE_ERRORmay be shown in logs.
- With Firefox, some links are unclickable in the Control Center (thanks to Emil1).
- Some internal logs are wrongly classified as 'INFO' when it should be 'DEBUG'.
- Some typos in
- Parsedown as integrated markdown parser.
- The section "Current connexion" of the data tab, as it is now in tools.
[1.0.6] - 2020-06-29
- Detection of improper PHP intl module installation.
- Full compatibility with PHP 7.4.
- Automatic switching between memory and transient when a cache plugin is installed without a properly configured Redis / Memcached.
- When used for the first time, settings checkboxes may remain checked after being unchecked.
[1.0.5] - 2020-05-05
- There's an error while activating the plugin when the server is Microsoft IIS with Windows 10.
- With Microsoft Edge, some layouts may be ugly.
[1.0.4] - 2020-04-18
- [MultiSite] Only main site is now responsible for updating data, to avoid quota overrun.
[1.0.3] - 2020-04-10
- Some main settings may be not saved.
- A link to a non-existent page.
[1.0.2] - 2020-04-07
- Improved initialization and update of IP data.
- Improves error handling when downloading IP data files.
- With some old versions of DB servers, tables can't be created.
- Some typos in the settings screen.
[1.0.1] - 2020-04-02