All notable changes to MailArchiver are documented in this changelog.
[2.5.0] - 2021-09-29
- A new "operation mode" allows to not send emails but archive them as if they had been sent - see settings (thanks to Loïc Antignac and Xuan Nguyen for the suggestion).
- New archiver to store individually each email as json or eml file, on server filesystem (local hard-drive or mounted storage).
- New archiver to forward each mail to a specified email address.
- New archiver to store archives in GMail.
- New archiver to store archives in Gandi Mail.
- New archiver to store archives in OVH (thanks to Frank Bergère).
- New archiver to store archives in Outlook.Com.
- New archiver to store archives in an Imap server.
- New archiver to store archives in an Elasticsearch instance.
- New archiver to store archives in Elastic Cloud.
- New archiver to store archives in a Loki instance.
- New archiver to store archives in Grafana Cloud service.
- New archiver to test and preview mails with Litmus service.
- New archiver to test and preview mails with Email on Acid service.
- New archiver to test mails with MailerCheck service.
- Privacy option for loggers allows now to encrypt the mail body.
- [WP-CLI] The new command
decryptallows to decrypt a mail body previously encrypted by MailArchiver.
- MailArchiver now propagates
sessionIDfor all archiver supporting it.
traceIDfield is now the trace ID generated by DecaLog if it's installed - it allows to "join" traces, events and mail archives.
- Improved internal IP detection: support for cloud load balancers.
- Improved compatibility with "Post SMTP Mailer" plugin.
- Improved hash handling and reporting for users and IPs.
- The archived metadata contains now a message "Mail sent." when sending is not in error.
- [WP-CLI] The command
statusnow displays encryption details.
- Upgraded Monolog library from version 2.2.0 to version 2.3.4.
- System archivers are visible from the archiver selector.
- The remote IP can be wrongly detected when in AWS or GCP environments.
- Name collisions or PHP errors can occur with plugins using outdated versions of Monolog library (like BackWPup).
[2.4.0] - 2021-09-07
- It's now possible to hide the main PerfOps One menu via the
poo_hide_main_menufilter or each submenu via the
poo_hide_settings_menufilters (thanks to Jan Thiel).
- Updated DecaLog SDK from version 1.2.0 to version 2.0.0.
- Designed has been improved for the archiver selector.
- There may be name collisions for some functions if version of WordPress is lower than 5.6.
- The main PerfOps One menu is not hidden when it doesn't contain any items (thanks to Jan Thiel).
- In some very special conditions, the plugin may be in the default site language rather than the user's language.
- The PerfOps One menu builder is not compatible with Admin Menu Editor plugin (thanks to dvokoun).
[2.3.1] - 2021-08-11
- New redesigned UI for PerfOps One plugins management and menus (thanks to Loïc Antignac, Paul Bonaldi, Axel Ducoron, Laurent Millet, Samy Rabih and Raphaël Riehl for their invaluable help).
- In some conditions, the plugin may be in the default site language rather than the user's language.
- With WordPress 5.8 it is impossible to move and close boxes.
[2.3.0] - 2021-06-22
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.8.
- Integration with DecaLog SDK.
- Traces publication.
- Redesigned archivers list.
m-archive statuscommand now displays DecaLog SDK version too.
[2.2.0] - 2021-02-24
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.7.
- New setting to override local access privileges when in development or staging environments (thanks to sebastienserre for the suggestion).
- New log message when the archiving of an email fails.
- Consistent reset for settings.
- Improved translation loading.
m-archivecommand have now a definition and all synopsis are up to date.
- Improved self monitoring to handle archivers internal errors.
- Code refactoring led to a huge execution speed gain: MailArchiver is now 40% faster.
- Upgraded Monolog library from version 2.0.2 to version 2.2.0.
- MailArchiver doesn't correctly honour previous error handler calls (thanks to ajoah).
- MailArchiver jams the plugin/theme editor while editing PHP files (thanks to ajoah).
- In Site Health section, Opcache status may be wrong (or generates PHP warnings) if OPcache API usage is restricted.
- The activation status of DecaLog (as logger) may be wrongly detected.
- MailArchiver internal watchdog as it is no longer necessary.
[2.1.0] - 2020-11-23
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.6.
- Improvement in the way roles are detected.
- [SEC001] User may be wrongly detected in XML-RPC or Rest API calls.
- When site is in english and a user choose another language for herself/himself, menu may be stuck in english.
- Some typos in
[2.0.0] - 2020-10-15
- [WP-CLI] New command to display MailArchiver status: see
wp help m-archive statusfor details.
- [WP-CLI] New command to toggle on/off main settings: see
wp help m-archive settingsfor details.
- [WP-CLI] New command to manage archivers (list, start, pause, clean, purge, remove, add and set): see
wp help m-archive archiverfor details.
- [WP-CLI] New command to view available archiver types (list and describe): see
wp help m-archive typefor details.
- New Site Health "info" section about shared memory.
- The positions of PerfOps menus are pushed lower to avoid collision with other plugins (thanks to Loïc Antignac).
- The selector for WordPress archivers is now sorted: running first, paused after (thanks to Loïc Antignac).
- Improved layout for language indicator.
- Admin notices are now set to "don't display" by default.
- Improved IP detection (thanks to Ludovic Riaudel).
- Improved changelog readability.
- The integrated markdown parser is now Markdown from Carsten Brandt.
- Prepares PerfOps menus to future 5.6 version of WordPress.
- The remote IP can be wrongly detected when behind some types of reverse-proxies.
- Some multi-attachments may be wrongly recorded.
- The rotating file archiver wrongly skips mails when sent from external process.
- With Firefox, some links are unclickable in the Control Center (thanks to Emil1).
- Parsedown as integrated markdown parser.
[1.6.0] - 2020-07-20
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.5.
- Improved installation/uninstallation and activation/deactivation processes.
- In WordPress archiver, the shown columns are now automatically set.
- Uninstalling the plugin may produce a PHP error (thanks to Emil1).
- The WordPress archiver may be not purged when it should be (thanks to Emil1).
- The WordPress archiver may be wrongly purged when '0' is set as a limit (thanks to Emil1).
- In some conditions, some table may not be deleted while uninstalling.
- The screen options in WordPress archiver (as it is now automatically set).
[1.5.2] - 2020-06-29
- Full compatibility with PHP 7.4.
- Automatic switching between memory and transient when a cache plugin is installed without a properly configured Redis / Memcached.
- When used for the first time, settings checkboxes may remain checked after being unchecked.
[1.5.1] - 2020-05-05
- The WordPress archives tables are now deleted when plugin is uninstalled.
- There's an error while activating the plugin when the server is Microsoft IIS with Windows 10.
- Some tabs may be hidden when site is switched in another language.
- With Microsoft Edge, some layouts may be ugly.
[1.5.0] - 2020-04-12
- Compatibility with DecaLog early loading feature.
- The settings page have now the standard WordPress style.
- Better styling in "PerfOps Settings" page.
- In site health "info" tab, the boolean are now clearly displayed.
- In some cases, the "screen options" tab may be invisible.
- Short links (in other dashboard pages) are wrong.
[1.4.0] - 2020-03-01
- Full integration with PerfOps.One suite.
- Full compatibility with APCu Manager.
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.4.
- New menus (in the left admin bar) for accessing features: "PerfOps Records" and "PerfOps Settings".
- Some raw mails may be wrongly rendered in WordPress archiver when they contains the character
- The header extraction of the "from" field may produce an error.
- Compatibility with WordPress versions prior to 5.2.
- Old menus entries, due to PerfOps integration.
[1.3.0] - 2020-01-03
- Full compatibility (for internal cache) with Redis and Memcached.
- Using APCu rather than database transients if APCu is available.
- New Site Health "status" sections about OPcache and object cache.
- New Site Health "status" section about i18n extension for non
- New Site Health "info" sections about OPcache and object cache.
- New Site Health "info" section about the plugin itself.
- New Site Health "info" section about archivers settings.
- Upgraded Monolog library from version 2.0.1 to version 2.0.2.
[1.2.0] - 2019-12-19
- Support for plugged (custom)
wp_mailfunction (mu-plugins or themes).
- Mail subject can now contains emojis.
- WordPress archivers now report full source of mail (even for plugged
- The "from" field is now detected for Post SMPT plugin.
- In some rare cases, recording a mail error may produce a PHP warning.
- Some plugin options may be not saved when needed (thanks to Lucas Bustamante).
- Typo in a string.
[1.1.0] - 2019-12-12
- Full compatibility with WP Mail SMTP.
- Full compatibility with Post SMTP.
- "from" field is now visible in the mail details in WordPress archiver.
- The detection of the "from" field has been improved.
- Some strings are not translatable.
- Some typos in inline help.
[1.0.0] - 2019-12-03