All notable changes to Traffic are documented in this changelog.
[2.4.0] - 2021-09-07
- It's now possible to hide the main PerfOps One menu via the
poo_hide_main_menufilter or each submenu via the
poo_hide_settings_menufilters (thanks to Jan Thiel).
- Updated DecaLog SDK from version 1.2.0 to version 2.0.0.
- There may be name collisions for some functions if version of WordPress is lower than 5.6.
- The main PerfOps One menu is not hidden when it doesn't contain any items (thanks to Jan Thiel).
- In some very special conditions, the plugin may be in the default site language rather than the user's language.
- The PerfOps One menu builder is not compatible with Admin Menu Editor plugin (thanks to dvokoun).
[2.3.2] - 2021-08-11
- New redesigned UI for PerfOps One plugins management and menus (thanks to Loïc Antignac, Paul Bonaldi, Axel Ducoron, Laurent Millet, Samy Rabih and Raphaël Riehl for their invaluable help).
- In some conditions, the plugin may be in the default site language rather than the user's language.
[2.3.1] - 2021-06-22
- wp.org distributes a wrong version.
[2.3.0] - 2021-06-22
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.8.
- Integration with DecaLog SDK.
- Traces and metrics collation and publication.
- New option, available via settings page and wp-cli, to disable/enable metrics collation.
- [BC] Inbound latency is far more precise - warning, you may see gaps in values/graphs after updating plugin.
- Upgraded Lock library from version 2.1 to version 2.2.
- [WP-CLI] Changing the color scheme for the
tailcommand is now done via the
api statuscommand now displays DecaLog SDK version too.
- [WP-CLI] Updated documentation.
- Self cron jobs spawning are now excluded from analytics only if smart filter is activated.
- Messages may be wrongly truncated in live console.
[2.2.0] - 2021-02-24
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.7.
- Adherence to the new
Decalog-No-Logdirective implemented by DecaLog 2.4.0.
- Smart filter now filters
- Consistent reset for settings.
- Improved translation loading.
apicommand have now a definition and all synopsis are up to date.
- More precise statistics about outbound calls made in shutdown handler(s).
- In Site Health section, Opcache status may be wrong (or generates PHP warnings) if OPcache API usage is restricted.
- Some settings are impossible to uncheck.
[2.1.0] - 2020-11-23
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.6.
- Improvement in the way roles are detected.
- Anonymous proxies, satellite providers and private networks are now fully detected when IP Locator is installed.
- Better web console layout.
- [SEC001] User may be wrongly detected in XML-RPC or Rest API calls.
- When site is in english and a user choose another language for herself/himself, menu may be stuck in english.
[2.0.3] - 2020-10-13
- [WP-CLI] Improved documentation.
- Hardening (once again) IPs detection.
- The analytics dashboard now displays a warning if analytics features are not activated.
- Prepares PerfOps menus to future 5.6 version of WordPress.
- The remote IP can be wrongly detected when behind some types of reverse-proxies.
- In admin dashboard, the statistics link is visible even if analytics features are not activated.
[2.0.2] - 2020-10-05
- [WP-CLI] With some PHP configurations, there may be a (big) delay in the display of lines.
[2.0.1] - 2020-10-05
- Some minimized js files are missing.
[2.0.0] - 2020-10-05
- New live console-in-browser to see API calls as soon as they occur.
- [WP-CLI] New command to display (past or current) API calls in console: see
wp help api tailfor details.
- [WP-CLI] New command to display Traffic status: see
wp help api statusfor details.
- [WP-CLI] New command to toggle on/off main settings: see
wp help api settingsfor details.
- Traffic now sends inbound and outbound events to DecaLog with settable level.
- New "smart filter" options to exclude noisy internal calls.
- New Site Health "info" section about shared memory.
- The positions of PerfOps menus are pushed lower to avoid collision with other plugins (thanks to Loïc Antignac).
- Improved layout for language indicator.
- If GeoIP support is not done via IP Locator, the flags are now correctly downgraded to emojis.
- Admin notices are now set to "don't display" by default.
- Improved IP detection (thanks to Ludovic Riaudel).
- Improved changelog readability.
- The integrated markdown parser is now Markdown from Carsten Brandt.
- With Firefox, some links are unclickable in the Control Center (thanks to Emil1).
- Parsedown as integrated markdown parser.
[1.7.0] - 2020-07-20
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.5.
- Improved compatibility with plugins using long treatments in
[1.6.4] - 2020-06-29
- Full compatibility with PHP 7.4.
- Automatic switching between memory and transient when a cache plugin is installed without a properly configured Redis / Memcached.
[1.6.3] - 2020-06-18
- Improved detection of HTTP 200 code for inbound requests.
- When used for the first time, settings checkboxes may remain checked after being unchecked.
[1.6.2] - 2020-05-05
- There's an error while activating the plugin when the server is Microsoft IIS with Windows 10.
- With Microsoft Edge, some layouts may be ugly.
[1.6.1] - 2020-04-10
- Some main settings may be not saved.
[1.6.0] - 2020-04-10
- Analytics now integrate file size in total request size for outbound POST and GET.
- Improved remote IP detection.
- The settings page have now the standard WordPress style.
- Better styling in "PerfOps Settings" page.
- In site health "info" tab, the boolean are now clearly displayed.
- Dependency to "Geolocation IP Detection" plugin. Nevertheless, this plugin can be used as a fallback solution.
- Flagiconcss as library. If there's no other way, flags will be rendered as emoji.
- Unneeded tool links in settings page.
[1.5.0] - 2020-03-01
- Full compatibility with APCu Manager.
- Full integration with PerfOps.One suite.
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.4.
- New menus (in the left admin bar) for accessing features: "PerfOps Analytics" and "PerfOps Settings".
- Country flags are now cached.
- Some headers may be wrongly analyzed when they are arrays of arrays.
- With some plugins, box tooltips may be misplaced (css collision).
- In analytics reports, the layout for lines with 3 boxes may be ugly at some resolutions.
- Compatibility with WordPress versions prior to 5.2.
- Old menus entries, due to PerfOps integration.
[1.4.0] - 2020-01-01
- Full compatibility (for internal cache) with Redis and Memcached.
- Using APCu rather than database transients if APCu is available.
- [MultiSite] A new "Sites Breakdown" list in all reports is available to network admins.
- New Site Health "status" sections about OPcache and object cache.
- New Site Health "status" section about i18n extension for non
- New Site Health "info" sections about OPcache and object cache.
- New Site Health "info" section about the plugin itself.
- Automattic servers detection.
- Reports have now a specific title for HTTP codes, protocols, methods and countries details.
- [MultiSite] Switching from a single site to all sites now preserves the reference domain.
- Private range IPs have now a specific favicon.
- Some headers may be wrongly analyzed when they are arrays.
- A wrong value may be used for the data retention period.
[1.3.1] - 2019-12-19
- Better cache management for old date ranges.
- Some plugin options may be not saved when needed (thanks to Lucas Bustamante).
[1.3.0] - 2019-12-05
- A new option (in settings) to set the data retention period.
- Graph labels are now rightly positioned and aligned.
- Graph names have been changed to mark the difference between 'variation' and 'distribution'.
- With non-standard dashboard colors, tooltip shadow may be ugly.
- The buttons of the date range picker may have a wrong size.
- As a result of the Plugin Team's request, the auto-update feature has been removed.
[1.2.3] - 2019-11-15
- Unit symbols and abbreviations are now visually differentiated.
- There's now a non-breaking space between values and units.
- Upgraded Feather library from version 4.22.1 to version 4.24.1.
- PHP warning (in some rare cases) when executing "rest_pre_echo_response" hook.
- Counting cookies sizes may produce a PHP notice in some cases.
[1.2.2] - 2019-11-03
- Normalization of cache IDs to avoid name collisions.
- Main graph doesn't show when time range is strictly one month.
- Some cached elements may be autoloaded even if not needed.
- A PHP notice may appear when enqueuing some plugin assets.
- [MultiSite] The "what's new?" screen is only viewable by network admin.
[1.2.1] - 2019-10-17
- Improvements to endpoint cleaning.
- Self cron jobs spawning are now excluded from analytics.
- Some outbounds calls made during 'shutdown' hook are not recorded.
- Some hits are false positive and must not be recorded.
[1.2.0] - 2019-10-10
- [MultiSite] New box in summary displaying all sites to network admins.
- A new option to allow or disallow favicons downloading and displaying.
- [MultiSite] Action link in sites list for network admins.
- [MultiSite] Action link in "my sites" for local admins.
- Zoom-in tooltip for all lists.
- "Metrics Variations" selectors tooltip.
- [MultiSite] The site ID (currently viewed) is now displayed in the controls bar.
- A default icon is now shown in case there's no favicons for a website.
- Better selector layouts on mobile devices.
- The active "Metrics Variations" selector has now a different color.
- PHP warning when computing percentages.
- Clicking on "Metrics Variations" selectors while loading data may lead to an unexpected result.
- In the date-picker, the string "Custom Range" is not internationalized (it's always in English).
[1.1.0] - 2019-10-05
- It's now possible to use public CDN to serve Traffic scripts and stylesheets (see Settings | Traffic | Options).
- The option page shows the logging plugin used.
- Better computing of KPIs when no data are collected on the current day.
- Cron jobs are now excluded from analytics.
- Traffic database table collation is now
- The (nag) update message has now a link to display changelog.
- Error while creating Traffic database table with utf8mb4 charset for some version of MySQL.
- KPIs layout may be jammed by site-wide stylesheets.
- PHP notice and warning when trying to count calls when there's no call for current day.
- Some typos in tooltips.
[1.0.0] - 2019-10-04